Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Are you playing this game on FB with your friends? I love reading these about other people. I thought it would be fun to share with my Spark buddies. I hope you might share yours.
Alright, I 'm a glutton for punishment. Sandra B. gave me 12. I'm already plotting revenge. Please like my post because I love reading others' more than I liked writing this.
1. I've lived in 3 states and numerous dwellings. I've landed in Alabama and it's the first time I've felt home. It was a surprise to me too but just another reminder to let go of preconceived notions and expectations. Love and acceptance happens. It happens.
2. I love to write although I'm not very good at it.
3. My husband and I took American Karate before baby boy. I earned my 1st degree black belt. I was 8 months pregnant when I earned my purple belt. Then I took a break for 2 months and went back to finish and earn my black belt. I also taught aerobics during this time too.
4. Iíve had several seemingly interesting jobs (Turner Broadcasting, ACOM as a traveling software trainer, etc). I got bored with all of them about 6 months into it. Iíve accepted the fact I like learning new things. I donít like working. I do it anyway.
5. I work from home. It's not as easy as it sounds. My house has never been dirtier and I'm often making up my work late at night and on the weekends. BUT I can't imagine going to an office again so I'm grateful.
6. I love being a mom. I never had any maternal instincts. I probably couldíve gone through life happily without children. Iím so glad I didnít though. My boy is wonderful despite my not having any maternal instincts.
7.It took me 8 years to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree. I worked full time from the time I graduated High School. (Plus time transferring schools out of state, waiting out the residency, and some basic slacking thrown in for good measure).
8. I find people don't listen anymore. One time in a group, we were having a deep spiritual/religious discussion where I was cut off mid-thought saying, "I don't know if I'm willing to give up DVR for Jesus..." That was my joke before finishing out what I thought was pretty deep but I was interrupted. I rarely share deep thoughts anymore. I never want something like that being the last thing you remember me saying. I'm okay with that.
9. I'm included in #8. I need to listen more without needing to interrupt or add to somebody else's thoughts or musings.
10. My husband is the best. He's patient, loving, a good father, and he doesn't let me get away with my $@!!
11. I'm a bit of an empath. Crowds make me super tense and I have to be careful about the company I keep and the media I watch. I haven't watched the news in about 20 years (even while working for an international news conglomerate) and I gave up on TV- and DVR for that matter- about 4 years ago. I no longer watch movies about war, the holocaust, or any other damning or violence. It's not that you can't share negative things but I can't stay there. That hole gets too deep to crawl out of.
12. I love to knit but you probably already know that. You may not know that I wish I paid more attention to my mom and grandmas' (2) knitting. They were remarkable artists and fast. I managed to pick up a few techniques before my mom passed though. I feel close to her when I knit.