Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
JAVAGAL47
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 63,590
SparkPoints
 

Xylitol danger to dogs

Monday, November 18, 2013

emoticon I have mentioned the use of Xylitol to Spark people and today I got an email from a friend (not in Spark) who sent me an article about the dangers to dogs if ingested, I have used it for years as a substitute for sugar and have had animals around, but thankfully I used it mainly for coffee, rarely baking with it, so they did not find a morsel to eat.
If you see that your dog has eaten something that contained Xylitol it is imperative that you take it to a Vet immediately. Two Terriers died from ingesting it. The owner had no idea how they got it, perhaps from Halloween candies. It is also found in gums, Xylitiol is known for it's ability to fight cavities. It is also used as a nose spray to help allergies, etc.
I looked up Xylitol on the web and there was just one little bit about it being poisonis to dogs on one site!
Please mention this to friends who own dogs.
I grieve for that family who lost their two Terriers, our animals are part of the family.
Thanks for your attention to this. Betty
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • v IGNITEME101
    Thank you for the info!
    910 days ago
  • v KERRYG155
    Good info!
    924 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by JAVAGAL47