Bic Lighter Holder
Size 20 tatting thread in Magenta
Size 20 tatting thread variegated
Faux suede cloth scrap 10.5” X 3. 3/5
Lining material scrap 10.5” X 3. 3/5
38“ ribbon or cord
48 gold seed beads size 6
14 pink beads slightly larger than size 6
7 dark seed beads size 6 or larger
7 crystal teardrops
Smallest size crochet hook
Seven Petal Medallion
Use variegated thread for shuttle thread and Magenta thread for ball thread.
1. R, 6ds, Extra Large Picot, 6ds, cl.
2. RW, Ch, 12ds.
3. RW, R, 6ds, Join to large Picot of first ring, 6ds, cl.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 five more times.
5. Finish ends.
1. Ch 3ds, p, 3ds. RW R, 2ds, p, 2ds, p, 2ds, p, 2ds, cl.
2. R, 2ds, Join to previous ring, 2ds, p, 2ds, p, 2ds, cl.
3. RW Ch 3ds, p, 3ds,
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 5 more times.
1. Load shuttle thread with 24 gold beads.
2. R, 3ds, bead join with dark bead to first chain picot of row one, 3ds, cl.
3. Slide four gold beads over from shuttle.
4. R, 3ds, bead join to next picot of row one, 3ds, cl.
5. Slide four more gold beads over.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 five more times.
7. R, 3ds, bead join to last picot of row one, 3ds, cl.
1. Using 2 yards of tatting thread, sew through the bottom of one ring from row 2 leaving a knot to stop it. (Use a beading needle)
2. Load 2 pink beads, 2 gold beads, one crystal, 2 gold beads.
3. Sew back through first two pink beads.
4. Sew through 4 gold beads in previous row.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and four until row is completed.
6. Finish and clip threads.
Sewing the holder:
1. Cut one piece of fabric into a 10 ½ “ X 2 3/5 “ rectangle.
2. Use to round edge of a coffee cup to draw a curved edge on one side of the fabric (the flap end).
3. Use the cut fabric as a pattern to cut out similar piece of lining fabric.
4. Fold up the bottom of the outer fabric so that right sides are facing each other.
5. Check with your lighter to see if it would be covered by fabric with ½ inch
Seam allowance on edges and top.
6. Starting at ½ inch down from top folded edge sew to the bottom with ½ inch seam allowance
Sew ribbon or cord into seam.
7. If you are using ribbon, fold it in half and sew it together in a zigzag or threepart stitch.
8. Use an edge binding stitch on all outer edges of facing to keep it from fraying.
9. Fold and sew facing
10. Sew Medalion to the right side of the outer material on the rounded flap edge leaving 3/4 inch edge around it.
11. Place and sew beaded decoration to the front of the holder. Sew loose ends through the seam and tie them on the inside.
12. Turn facing Inside out and stuff the holder into the facing so that right sides are facing each other and seams are matching.
13. Sew Lining and holder together leaving a gap in the front seam.
14. Pull out holder through gap and place lining inside the holder.
15. Turn in gap edges and button hole stitch or top stitch edges together. Continue button hole or top stitch around flap edge.
16. Sew Snap bottom to front of holder and top of Snap to the inside of the flap on the lining.