Day 61 - Live and Let Live
Sunday, November 17, 2013
It is so easy to get in a rut, to live day to day, to stick to the to do list. But is that living?
Part of this journey has been to step outside my comfort zone, to try every year, something different, and to say "yes" to adventures. I think in my mind I was too fat, in too much pain, or too boring because I was unable to do anything "fun". I wanted to wait until I was thin enough, or rich enough, or had enough time to do things that made me feel alive.
The task today in my 100 day countdown (of which I am at 61 days, woo hoo!) is to make a list of 5 small adventures I could take and then do them.
1. A geocache. Actually this adventure involves sending a letter to a local church to ask permission to put a geocache in their quiet garden. It also involves either finding a birdhouse to adapt or building our own and painting it. Lots of small steps. A mult task adventure. I'm excited that the last cache we found we put a "geobug" in and we got a notice that it was found and has been moved. It is on a mission to go to the west coast so I want to track it!
2. The new goodlife. There are free tours and I imagine they will be doing free day passes so I would like to see what they have for classes. It's a huge gym. I'm not generally a class type person but I think it would be fun to do something new over the holidays.
3. The Rideau canal library. I was there when I first started writing my book and met a woman who has written several books about the Rideau history. I think it is time to make a date to go back to the library and spend some time looking through it's archives and perhaps I can meet up with this woman again... I will have to look through my notes to remember her name but she is on staff there. It's a day trip for sure so I won't want to go in bad weather and I'll have to find out what days it is actually open.
4. I would like a food related adventure... hmmmm. Cheese? Wine? I may have to come back to this... I find often if I am open to an idea then an opportunity will come up. Oh I know... DD wants to make sushi and to go to the chinese T&T market. THAT is an adventure. We will need a sushi making kit and ingrediants. I don't love Sushi but we also have talked about going to a very nice all you can eat sushi place so we could order and figure out what kinds we would like to learn to make. Even better to have a food adventure to food I am unlikely to want to overeat, lol.
5. The Spa Nordik. My friends were just there and said the spa has expanded considerably. It's expensive but you just pay one price and can stay all day using the various steam baths and pools. Ideally I would have a friend come with me. This might have to be in the new year... and perhaps I can use it as a motivational tool.