Friday, November 15, 2013
I'm trying to add more foods with probiotics in my diet - I found this list to keep on hand:
1. Yogurt with natural ingredients with live and active cultures
2. Kombucha tea (fermented tea found in Asian grocery stores)
3. Miso soup (tofu and vegetable broth soup)
4. Soy milk with live and active cultures (this is new on the market)
5. Kefir (cross between yogurt and milk)
7. Milk with added probiotics
8. Dark chocolate ( I didn't know this one!)
9. Microalgae (used in smoothies and juices) - sounds unappetizing!
10. Pickles (includes dill etc..) - love these!
11. Tempeh (made from soy protein)
13. Olives in brine
I worked out yesterday to the 7 minute app on my phone..I repeated it 4 times to get in a quick cardio workout. I'm sure I could do the same workout without the app but something about the 30 second count downs for each exercise make the time go by faster!
I'm so glad it's Friday!
Inspirational quotes for the day:
" Life should be about the people you love and the things that make you happy. It should not be about being stressed all the time, taking things too seriously, overthinking them, micromanaging, being too controlling."
"Giving without the expectation of anything in return is the most beautiful and peaceful way of living."