Wednesday, November 13, 2013
....about a few random thoughts.
1. The ONLY way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. A pound is 3500 calories. Your body HAS to have a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound. PERIOD.
2. No diet pill, shake or sprinkle is going to WRESTLE a pound of fat out of your body!!!
3. It doesn't matter HOW you gained the weight. Medicine, lifestyle or genetics! How you LOSE the weight is what counts!
4. No excuse is going to take the weight off. Only work will do this! Mindful eating & exercise.
5. YOU are the only one who can make weight loss a reality for YOU.
Sometimes maybe people really ARE trying to help you....
1. You announced to the world that you want to lose weight. A FRIEND should sit & watch you eat 1000 calories worth of donuts???
2. People are not assuming you are not trying if they are watching you NOT try!
3. Being asked to go for a walk should not be heard as 'You are fat'. Maybe that person just wants a walking partner.
I am not trying to start a 'religious' talk. I am just clearing up a couple of things I see misinterpreted on a regular basis....
1. An Atheist is a person who doesn't believe in a god. It does NOT mean that they are amoral!!! It certainly doesn't mean that they worship the Devil. If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in the Devil. Geez. I have known many Atheists. Most have good morals & values & want to be good.
2. An Agnostic doubts the existence of a god. This could apply to anyone anytime. Most 'believers' have had doubt. We are human. How can you not question God when a child dies or a storm takes away all that you have ever known?
3. A person who believes in God is NOT necessarily a 'Christian'. There are many people who believe in God, but do not think that Jesus is the only way to Him. Christians believe that Jesus is their only chance at Salvation.
4. A person who knows the Bible is not necessarily a 'Christian' either. Many Atheists, Agnostics & Seekers have read the Bible, Torah & even the Quran. Reading is the best way to learn & the only way to get to your own truth.
5. A person who is 'not a christian' is not necessarily an Atheist or Agnostic. & It most certainly does NOT mean that they are 'bad'!
I read about these things on a regular basis. I wanted to write my thoughts on them. Take what you need & leave the rest behind. I'm not trying to change beliefs, thoughts or opinions. I just wanted to give you a different perspective on them.