Happy Sunday Sparkers ...
I have had an awesome week.
1. The Kids have been happy (since there is an age gap and they are not the same gender this isn't always the case).
2. We've spent time together at meals (not always an easy task as we have shift workers in the house).
3. My DH has been chatty (more than usual and talking about feelings or what is going on at his work has been a problem in the past for us - I want more conversation and he's not inclined to give it to me).
4. I feel good. And content.
5. My oldest daughter is playing Taps at a Remembrance ceremony tomorrow at a public school none of my kids attend but that my husband still volunteers at . . and she still wants to use her music skills.
So what the heck is up at work.
1. Yet another project has been assigned to our team on top of a full load. With a short deadline.
2. Yet another staff member has been hired to assist a team who in no way appears overloaded. I am not the only one who thinks so and in their own group one person thinks they are overstaffed. Am I just jealous that their manager appears to have a magic touch?
3. Yet another reworked and reworded change without concensus to an open staff support position that was to support all managers but now appears to be a personal assistant for one. Do I speak up or take this on? Why is this being enabled within our group?
4. Most folks appear grumpy and unwilling to perform the tasks assigned. We have hard deadlines but no work coming out.
5. Time change is making it dark outside when you're wanting to come home.
WHY OH WHY CAN'T IT BE AWESOME AT WORK AND HOME AT THE SAME TIME?
Happily I prefer it this way if I had to choose. Having a happy home life in the end makes the other crappyness better somehow.
Well I'm off to Salt Lake UT next week for a conference. Strangely am looking forward to it even though we're talking 7+ hours of travel time and being away from my family. Looking to spend some time connecting with work mates in a non work environment as a team building thing.
off to prep for the trip..