Saturday 11-9-2013 Assortment
Saturday, November 09, 2013
Juneau how long I’ve been waiting out here?
What 1930 sports feat was dubbed the Impregnable Quadrilateral?
Golf great Bobby Jones’s never-duplicated triumph—winning all four major golf championships in the same calendar year. Grand Slam, a more lasting term used to describe Jones’s achievement, was borrowed from bridge.
This Day In TV
Facts about Sesame Street, which debuted November 10, 1969
* Grover was originally green.
* Muppet game-show host Guy Smiley’s “real” name is Bernie Liederkrantz.
* Big Bird is a 98-inch golden condor and has 6,000 feathers (turkey feathers, dyed yellow).
* Most frequent “sponsor”: the letter B (210 episodes).
* The Count, born on October 9, 1830653 B.C., is roughly two million years old.
First time the word vampire was used on the vampire show Dark Shadows: 410th episode.