Saturday, November 09, 2013
Well, I really wish that I had more progress to note here, but at least there are a couple of good things I can say for myself this week.
1) I did manage to fully complete my assigned workouts twice.
2) I have been drinking a lot more water.
3) I have only had one day this week where I drank more than one glass of soda and a couple of days where I didn't drink any at all.
4) I played with my kids a great deal more than usual, just because I wanted to.
5) I am, I feel, on the way to developing a couple of good routines.
There are some really small things - like making the bed every day. It's not big, it's not hard, but it's something that I do every day and I like how that makes me feel. It makes my entire bedroom feel neater, which makes it more enjoyable for me. It gives me another place to go stretch out and do homework or to play with my kids or to fold laundry. It's small, like I said, but I've been doing it every single day and I like that.
My stress level this week has just shot through the roof. Nothing like finding out your son is being hurt if he expresses his love for you and knowing you're going back to court in less than a month to make you want to hide under the covers with a box of cookies. I'll admit it right now - food is my source of comfort, and the junkier the food, the more I want to indulge in it when I'm not feeling so on top of things. It takes a lot of effort to not get junk food for myself, especially when I live in downtown Portland and have access to all kinds of not-so-good for me foods, or when I spend hours on the road taking my son to and from transitions with all kinds of fast food places advertising themselves every two miles. But I'm trying. I think I'm doing a little better this week than I have been. After all, I haven't eaten an entire bag of Cheetos by myself. That's progress, right? Baby steps. Baby steps.