DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE SEVERELY DEPRESSED, SUICIDAL, OR EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE, SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. I am not a DR.
Journaling can reveal WHY we are turning to food instead of GOD! Yes, obesity is at it's highest among Christians. Can having a journal solve overeating and all bad habits? No! But it can shed 'His light' on why we are eating over our problems instead of TURNING TO HIM.
Let's face it, we are all here because we over eat or have some issue with eating or exercise. Right?
Yes, God created us all!
The bible is full of people who wrote in their Journal, too!
LIKE LOST MEMORIES
BROKEN 'N BARE LYING IN THE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE
I BELIEVE GOD, LIKE A MAGNET,
WILL DRAW ALL OF MY PIECES BACK TO ME
HE IS THE MAGNET
I AM ME
WAITING IN HOPE BROKEN 'N BARE
ARE STILL PIECES OF ME
PART 2 continued:
C. HOW DO WE BEGIN TO JOURNAL?
1. Begin writing about your current issue(s), one at a time.
a. Don't be concerned about grammar or spelling.
b. This is about you, not about becoming a published author. ( yet. )
c. What you did today may be another good topic, if you have no current issues.
2. Does the experience you have written about remind you of something that has happened before?
3. How do you feel about your discovery?
4. Question yourself as you write with the 5 'W's: who; what; when; where and why.
D. WHAT MEDIUMS SHOULD WE USE.
1. Pen and paper (unless your mind is so cluttered with stuff, you lose everything, like I did) then:
2. Computer ( I always knew where to find my journal)
E. HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE JOURNAL? Journal daily or make a date with yourself as your time allows and KEEP the date!
F. WHY TRY OTHER MEDIUMS?
1. Whenever you uncover something particularly upsetting and have no feelings but you know you should feel SOMETHING try other mediums to connect!
2. If you uncover something and have STRONG emotions, rage, happiness, and need to express it to keep it from flowing over into your life, try other mediums!
The photo below is me as I first began 'waking up' from the trauma:
cont. tomorrow in Part 3