DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE SEVERELY DEPRESSED, SUICIDAL, OR EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE, SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. I am not a DR.
Journaling can reveal WHY we are turning to food instead of GOD! Yes, obesity is at it's highest among Christians. Can having a journal solve overeating and all bad habits? No! But it can shed 'His light' on why we are eating over our problems instead of TURNING TO HIM.
Let's face it, we are all here because we over eat or or have some issue with eating or exercise. Right?
(If you are sad and need an accountability partner,
for your journal, humble yourself and FIND ONE! You may not want to share everything, but at least, if you need to share, you will have someone you trust lined up! So, write the persons name down, make contact, and begin to journal! GOD GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE!
**If you need medications or are on medications, currently, continue on as your DR. suggests.)
Yes, we are all uniquely made as God's creation!
Still, God gave me a mind and intelligence to learn.
My journey came to an abrupt change, after several attempts to journal over a period of a few years. Why? I unlocked the key to what was 'ailing' me! Finally, I had a MAJOR breakthrough. That was 12 years ago!!
Yes, my journal unlocked the door to hidden things in my childhood and I was set free; (ENOUGH ABOUT ME)
I. WHAT CAN BE LEARNED THROUGH A WRITTEN JOURNAL HAS HELPED ME WITH WEIGHT LOSS AS WELL. It helps me to understand why I want to eat when I'm not hungry.
A. To JOURNAL
is a major KEY for us to understand ourselves.
1. It helps us to sort through our ideas and feelings, goals and beliefs.
2. To Journal can gives us a clear picture of what our values are and why.
3. It may even help us to find a new direction, if necessary, or continue on our merry way.
B. HOW A JOURNAL CAN HELP US:
1. It helps us to track what we are thinking by separating our spam filter from our personal mail, so to speak; in other words, it helps clear the clutter from our thought life.
2. It gives us a clear picture of our relationships with ourselves,
, our mate,
3. When we reread what we have written, we will see a pattern or theme (maybe even a picture) emerge.
4. Things we don't like we can change.
5. Things we like we strengthen.
I needed JESUS to journal, successfully, and found my way back to HIM through the journal process. I thought He had left me, at the time, but He never left! He set me free!