Wednesday, May 09, 2007
How it feels/felt:
1. To put on that jean skirt that was so tight when you bought it you had to wear a long shirt to cover the top, and have it falling off of you.
2. When someone says, "What's your secret??"
3. After you exercise...tired, but STRONG.
4. To be 280 pounds.
5. To have to ask for a seatbelt extender on an airplane.
6. To have no control over what you put into your body.
7. To have to worry about getting diabetes and having to explain to your kids that you got that terrible disease because you couldn't control your eating.
8. To eat a salad instead of JUNK.
9. To step on that scale and see smaller numbers every week.
10. To have your eight year old son pray every night that you'll succeed so you will be healthier.
11. To put on clothes that are sizes smaller than before Spark came along.
12. To not only WANT to lose weight, but to actually be doing something about it on a daily basis.
13. To actually look at the calories and fat and carbs in everything and face what is in everything, instead of looking the other way.
14. To not be able to run around with your kids without being out of breath.
15. To climb a mountain, Mt. Scenery on Saba, 1034 steps, and be able to almost make it to the top, when before you wouldn't have even attempted it. What an accomplishment that is!!!
I wrote this to remind me...to remind me of the many feelings and experiences I have had not only since I begun my journey, but long before. I don't want to forget...ever.
I have come so far, too far to ever go back. I have learned so much, too much to ever forget. I have succeeded to this point, and I will continue to succeed, if only I REMEMBER...