End of Leap into Fall Challenge
Sunday, November 03, 2013
Today is the last day of the fall challenge, and I feel like it has been successful for me, at least for the purposes I joined it. I didn't expect to "do well" or to lose a lot of weight. I just wanted some motivation to keep me off my butt through the last weeks of pregnancy and postpartum. It's been successful at that., What's more, I'll credit it for making my labor and delivery so easy and my recovery so quick. (20 minutes later I was jumping out of bed to use the bathroom. Totally flabbergasted the nurses.) I've come to learn that I'm capable of a lot more than I thought I was. I even signed up now for Run or Dye in April. (I'll admit that I'm a little nervous about that because I am definitely NOT a runner... YET, and it's going to be darn cold out when I should be training for it and it's not going to be easy for me to drag myself outside to run.)
So here's the questionnaire we were asked to complete as part of the final challenge.
1) What was your start weight? 234.5
2) What was your end weight? 206.6
3) Did you reach your ending challenge weight?
4) Did you reach your goals? Well, yes. And no.
5) If so, which ones did you meet? My main purpose for joining was to keep myself active and off my butt during the final weeks of pregnancy and postpartum, which has been successful. I kept moving in some way shape or form the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy, and even postpartum, have beaten some of my previous fitness bests. (Hello finally reaching a 10,000 step day!)
6) If not, which ones did you not meet? I haven't been meeting the challenge goals, which is disappointing, but it's definitely not easy with both a toddler and newborn. The fact that I don't feel like a complete failure for missing what I did, to me at least feels like I really did give it my best.
7) What did you struggle with? Time. Energy during week 2. But most definitely time… I need there to be more than 24 hours in a day.
8) What did you do well on? Honestly, I feel like I didn't do particularly well on anything but Week 1 cardio, Week 1 & 2 ST, and Week 1 of Get Extreme
9) What challenge did you like best? I actually think the Get Extreme. Even though I only completed the first week, doing it really made me feel good.
10) Which challenge did you hate? I think the challenge of the 10's. That was the week that I had the baby, so I really had NO TIME whatsoever. The doctors/nurses sure wouldn't let me exercise in the hospital the way I would have liked to. I was a "disease control risk" so I couldn't leave my room to walk the halls. And when I got home, I was on my own with 2 kids and no real help.
11) How was your nutrition during this challenge? Eh, it could have been better. I kinda used the whole I'm pregnant/breastfeeding as an excuse to pig out
12) What suggestions do you have on future challenges? Honestly, I don't know...
13) Are there topics/threads that you wish were included and weren’t? Not really.
14) Did you have fun? Yes
15) What did you learn about you? That I can do anything I put my mind to