Friday, November 01, 2013
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Well, to be fair, the last time I blogged was the last time I actually lost any weight. What a horrible 3-week stagnation period. However, it taught me a lot about myself and I'm beginning this month already on the right foot. Today the scale had me at 234.8 - officially over 20lbs lost. So I've lost approximately 20 pounds in the 4 months I've been on Spark. I wonder what that would look like without the three lull periods I experienced in there. But hey, every journey is different and I'm vowing to start dedicating more time and energy to mine starting today on November 1st.
I'm going to look into a gym membership when I go home for Thanksgiving break so that I can sign up starting in December when I'm officially finished with school. I'm excited to know that my mom will go with me. That means waiting until evenings to go, but I'm okay with that. My varied workouts here at school may be what's fueled my inconsistent behavior.
So you must be wondering... what have I been up to?
1. I got a tattoo
2. Over halfway done with my final semester of undergrad
3. Started applying to grad school - AHHHH!
4. Started semi-searching for psych-related jobs
5. Planning for my trip to ROME in January
6. My first college roommate is getting married!! I saw her today and got the entire story about the proposal and everything. The wedding won't be for another 2 years but it was exciting to hear about it all and to see how happy she was. I was proud of the good choices I decided to make at Red Robin - a wrap and side salad instead of fries. I even splurged and got peach iced tea instead of water for only 10 calories - delish! Then I actually splurged and had Baskin Robbins ice cream, but hey, a girl can treat herself every once in awhile and especially when the bride-to-be suggested it ;)
My vow to myself this month is to stick with healthier decisions and consistent fitness. My friend BOBCATGIRL76 said it right by saying not to set yourself up for failure, so I'm keeping my goals non-specific so I won't get discouraged. I'm hopeful that this month will go much better than October's "skinny jeans" countdown, which I did not follow up on well. But hey, it's a new month and the holidays are coming up... it's never to early to start!
Thanks for reading, friends :)