Friday, November 01, 2013
So the Leap Into Fall Fitness Challenge is ending on Sunday, and a part of this week's tasks was to fill out a questionnaire and we get bonus points for posting it in a blog, so here it goes!
1) What was your start weight? 334 lbs at the beginning of the challenge (Sep. 22 2013)
2) What was your end weight? Last week I was 326lbs, hoping it will go back down to 325lbs this week!
3) Did you reach your ending challenge weight? Not sure what is meant by this question. If it means did I reach the weight that I thought I would be at, at the end of the challenge: no - I thought I would have lost more weight within the 5 weeks. If it means did I reach my ultimate goal weight: no - I know itís normal that I wouldnít be at my ultimate goal weight within 5 weeks because my ultimate goal weight is more than 100 lbs away.
4) Did you reach your goals? So-so. I went back to see what I said my goals were in the ďStart HereĒ post where we introduced ourselves and I had 2. First was to make healthy eating a daily habit of mine, and the second goals was to make fitness a daily habit of mine. It depends on the day Ė sometimes I have no motivation for fitness, so I donít do fitness. If I feel a certain emotion, I might want something ďbadĒ like chocolate or chips and I give in, but the SP nutrition tracker usually keeps me in line. Seeing what I ate throughout the day and seeing the amount of calories I have had sometimes stops me from eating something bad, but not always. So I am in the process of reaching them Ė itís a day-to-day thing I think. Iím human and I might succumb to temptation at times.
5) If so, which ones did you meet? See answer to Question 4
6) If not, which ones did you not meet? See answer to Question 4
7) What did you struggle with? The TV commercials challenge! You probably remember me sending you an email explaining that I couldnít do some exercises like the one minute plank or single-leg jumps/hops. But I was thankful that you were open to replacing them for exercises that I was capable of doing.
8) What did you do well on? I think my motivational board was nice looking! Iím proud of it and see it every day! I did well in the freggies challenge, keeping track of my nutrition on SP, the fitness exercises in 10ís.
9) What challenge did you like best? Creating the motivational board Ė I still use it and see it every day because I put it on my fridge!!!
10) Which challenge did you hate? Drinking half my weight in ounces; if I remember correctly, it meant that I had to drink 167 ounces which is approx. 5 litres! Thatís like 2 and a half big bottles of soda.
11) How was your nutrition during this challenge? Pretty good! I tried to comply with the freggies minimum though there was a day I couldnít help myself to any more freggies. I have been trying to keep up with the 5 freggies a day and this week has been approximately 3 or 4 a day.
12) What suggestions do you have on future challenges? I thought the challenge was done really well; you answered my questions in Spark Mails really quickly! I guess I would suggest to specify when explaining the fitness exercises, that if there is something you canít do, to just send you a spark message. I guess I would also suggest that for the relay to not put a maximum of 3 exercises / person for each round; round 1 was slow.
13) Are there topics/threads that you wish were included and werenít? More game-type threads; I always find them fun!
14) Did you have fun? YES!! Canít wait for the next challenge I will participate in!
15) What did you learn about you? That I am perseverant! I was weighing myself every day at the beginning, and I was going up, then down, then up in weight. But I didnít give up! I just hid my scale and decided to stick to weighing myself once a week. Also, I really wanted to walk away from this challenge at the beginning when I saw all the starting weights of everyone being in the 100s and 200sÖI thought I wasnít going to be able to do this challenge. But I sent you a spark mail and you said itís going to be accessible for everyone, and it sure was! Thanks again Lynz!
Have a wonderful week-end everyone!!!