Friday, November 01, 2013
So for a challenge that I'm in, I had to read the following article and blog about how I handle stress or what methods I have used before. www.sparkpeople.com/reso
If you were to ask anyone I work with, they would tell you...."Who Becky? Stressed? Nope. She's as calm and collected as can be." So many of my co-workers tell me that I'm such a calming presence. Honestly, I don't know what they are talking about because I feel stressed all the time.
At home....it's a completely different story! My stress level shines through like a brilliant diamond that has just been cleaned.
Okay...so how do I handle my stress? Well, years ago the answer would be, I eat. It calms me down. Now in the present day, I would tell you, I drink water mainly. There's just something about drinking a nice glass of ice cold water. I do this at work and at home. Here are some other methods I use:
- count slowly backwards from 10
- do some calf pops/raises
- go to the person who I need to talk with instead of using my phone right by my desk
- check in on SparkPeople
- go the long way to a class
- stop a student in the hallway and give them a hug
- my dad use to take naps at work (the boss knew too), my dad would do so much better after them
There are plenty of ways to stress less. Good luck!