So I have been doing all sort of stuff in the effort to get me sleep better, specifically to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. I have to say that I think I am getting the best sleep I have in years.
It no longer takes me forever to fall asleep and most days, I stay asleep till around 4:30-5 am and I do not need an alarm clock to wake me plus no meds for sleep.
What have I been doing you ask????
I have been following the suggestions from Dr. Kruse’s site Leptin reset.
• Reducing the amount of lights that are on when the sun goes down (called eliminating blue lights). The artificial blue light messes with the melatonin hormone and does not send the signals to your body that it is dark, you need to sleep.
• I wear blue blocker glasses at night, no later then 7. This really blocks the blue light and makes watching TV pretty funky. I am getting a new pair since the one I have are oh so sexy…..not and now that the time is changing they might be going on as soon as I get home.
• I have shut off the Wi-Fi in the house. Read up on EMF’s if curious why.
• I have a f-flux program on my laptop that reduces the amount of light coming from it to simulate the reduction in evening light.
• Never thought that this mattered but I try to make sure I am done eating my 7. It all has to do with hormones and I have found that if I do eat too late, I don’t get the best sleep.
• Oh and I have a bunch of magnets under my bed. Again, read up on EMF’s if curious about this.
• Plus I am working on getting all of my hormones fixed so I am sure that also is helping.
The DH is noticing that he is starting to sleep better too and has no idea I have a magnet under his side and I will be upping it sometime soon. He has never had an issue with falling asleep but sometimes his sleep is not the best but he still eats crappy carbs and sometimes right before bed. I can do only so much
Now if I could just get my furry alarm clock to let me sleep a little more and not come in the bedroom to see if I am breathing or if I want a little cuddle time with him, that would be great. Hubby says to just knock him off the bed, then he will leave you alone but how can you knock this little love bug off the bed. He’s just so effing cute (oh and he plays fetch too).