Sunday, October 27, 2013
My walking partner, Denise, said that she was going to try to find the "In Search of England" book that I mentioned in yesterday's blog. It made me wonder about the author, H. V. Morton (sorry, I think I said R. V. before)' so I Googled him.
- his name was Henry Canova Vollam Mortonv
- he was born in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire
- he was a journalist and author
- he is known for books on Britain and the Holy Land
- in 1923, while working for the Daily Express, he scooped the official Times reporter to break the news of the opening of the tomb of King Tutankhamon by Howard Carter
Thanks for reading,