After meeting my mileage goal, I immediately started thinking about.... what next?
It was easy to make another mileage goal. After all, this was fun.
So the calculator pulled out. Just a quick little bit of math. If I averaged only 15 miles a week I would log 780 miles in one year and extending that out to the end of 2014, it should be very doable to get to the 2000 mile mark. Now, I usually run more miles per week than that but by using this number to calculate, I am allowing for life to intervene. Winter may well bring ice, illness or other impediments to running outside and these will only be my road miles so............ Long range goal set.
With November almost here, I also was thinking about short range goals.
I started a streak of daily yoga/flex work. 10 min a day....Easy....a pleasure....and needed.
And for good measure, I have been doing daily push ups again.
A week left of this month...or nearly so, and I am already started on November's goals. LOL
Now...I read something this morning that seemed share worthy. Food for thought my friends.............
Don't wait until New Year's Eve over a cocktail to make almost-sure-to-fail promises to yourself for the year ahead. Here are some ways you can use this upcoming season to become a fitter and better you no matter your age. The things will not only help you physically but also mentally.
• Learn to cook, if you already cook find new, exciting, healthy receipts.
• Prepare and set some goals to get fit. Walk more.
• Learn a new skill or renew an old one.
• Visit people you have not seen in a while.
• Clean out and Clean Up.
If it is older than a 4 or 5 years and has not been used it may need to go to the local hope center or on the auction block.
• Add color to your diet and were not talking red and yellow dyes.
• Throw away the scales. Pounds don't tell as much about health as the inches around our waist and our body shape.
• Make plans for that vacation you have always wanted and do it.
• Find some motivation, help someone else, volunteer
Live well. Spark strong!