Monday, October 21, 2013
My Random Thoughts:
- The New Sparkpage: Definitely new. Definitely different. Definitely needs some slight tweaking (friends feed anyone?) Like that I can track my own custom goals. [Personal Agenda side note: one of the prepopulated goals is to be nice to at least one person – I love it!] Haven’t had time to look at the goal board section but it might be helpful to check in on for motivation? I also just took a longer min to figure out how to post a blog!
- Fitbit: My zip is dead. Again. I JUST checked on its battery on Friday and it was fine, now it is dead. What gives? And why don’t I get alerts saying “Your battery is low”?! I went on a walk at lunch today and none of my steps today are being tracked and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY. I get paid on Friday and I think I am going to treat myself by preordering the Flex. I wanted a new watch and I need a new tracker, and the Flex is sort of a modern looking watch slash tracker. I also love the idea of the silent alarm and sleep monitoring. I’m dying to see what it reports out!
- Pictures: One of my closest friends asked me to be her bridesmaid on Friday. As my other friend just put it, “Take it as a compliment, you must be really good at it and people consider you a good friend!” Okay! The wedding is May 3. I got on Spark this morning and reset my goals to May 3. I look lumpy and awful in my sister’s wedding pix and I refuse to have that again at this wedding. Even if I’m halfway to my goal on May 3, it will be better than where I am now. I don’t want this to turn into a lot of negative self talk but I am not satisfied with my appearance and knowing this is coming has really lit the fires under me.
- Water Fail: Noticed my water tasted funny today, then noticed mold on the bottom of my big jug. Ughhhhhhh. Had to buy a bottle from the vending machine. I must hydrate!
- Job: Still a lot up in the air. I presented what feels like a million times last week on “My Topic” and got a ton of positive feedback. Feeling that old confidence again.
- Food: Mildly atrocious this weekend but meals planned out for every day this week. Trying to cook with kale for the first time!
- Exercise: Did a lot of yard work yesterday (raking, it counts right?!) Went for a walk today already and have PT after work. Curious to see my xrays and get a status on my neck. Bought a new yoga mat yesterday and want to hold myself to at LEAST doing a video every day even if I don’t make it to the gym. I think the gym avoidance is largely tied to my insanely strong dislike of the treadmill. Need to figure out how to fix that.
- Mental: Realizing I need my “me” time and have to start asserting myself to receive it. Also realized my anxiety is ratcheting up again so I need to figure that out too. Need to stop watching football because the Ravens are crushing my soul.
- Birthdays: My bf’s birthday is next week. What do you get the guy who has everything?! HELP!
Think that is enough of my thoughts for one day? Ready to get rolling on all of these positive changes in my life… let’s goooooooooo