Sunday, October 20, 2013
Dr. Charles Stanley of the Atlanta First Baptist Church
1. Conquering Faith will recall pass victories with GOD. What GOD has done through us, with us, and for us. Keep a diary of GOD's faithfulness to us and what HE is doing through us. Recall what GOD has done for us in the pass. I Sam. 17:34
2. Conquering Faith re-examins and reaffirms the proper motivation for going into battle. I Sam. 17:26 17:34 17:45. Davids motivation was to defend the name of GOD and the nation of GOD, because of his love for HIM. David's motives were pure.
3: Conquering Faith rejects the discouraging words of others. I Sam.17:28, I Sam. 17: 33 If you have seen GOD face to face when circumstance come you will not be panicked by them. We do not see GOD with our fleshly eyes, but with our spirit communing with HIS SPIRIT. GOD speaks to our spiritual heart with a still small voice. Not audible, but spiritually. We must be still and listen to what the LORD says to our heart as we listen to those who may try to discourage us.
4: Conquering Faith recognizes the nature of the battle. Remember it is a spiritual battle. Often times people battle each other. We are battling with Satan not each other. I Sam 17:45-46
5. Conquering Faith responses to the challenge with a positive confession. When you and I face a challenge we are to listen to the taunt and the negative of other against the background of the promises of GOD. I Sam 17: 45-47
6. Conquering Faith relies only in GOD's victories. We cannot step into a battle on our own. We will surely lose. With confidence and faith we must enter into battles with GOD's leading. Trusting HIM to conquer for us. Trusting HIM to lead us to do things HIS way. I Sam 17:46
7. Conquering Faith reckcons the victory before the battle begins. I Sam. 17:47 Standing in faith! Declaring GOD as our hope and the giver of our victory before the battle starts. Thank HIM and praise HIM for the victory.
7 Things We Must Do When We Ready For Battle
1. You fight the battle before the battle. You fight it in you heart, spirit, and mine. Fight the battle on your face before GOD. It gives you assurance during the battle.
2. You reaffirm in your heart this battle is the LORD's.
3. You thank GOD for the victory before the battle.
4. You wait for GOD's timing. Don't fight battle's angry. David stood calm in the spirit and faith of the LORD. Goliath became angry and was same as already dead before David put the stone in his sling. Goliaths anger put him off guard.
5. You are to do it GOD's way. GOD way is the most insignificant way. When we take things into our own hands and leave GOD behind, we will lose the battle or it will go on and on until we break.
6. You fight with confidence. Stay calm, stay confident, and stay faithful in that GOD is handling this battle and guiding you in what to do.
7. You trust GOD for the victory in the battle. Trust the LORD to handle your situation. Trusting GOD in handling you battles means praising HIM for the victory, before it happening.
David and Golith is a wonderful example of how GOD fights our battles when we let our faith work in trusting HIM for the outcome.