Saturday, October 19, 2013
For a few months now I've been searching for ways to improve my life. When I turned 22 a few weeks ago I felt much anxiety and depression - I realized I haven't progressed as a person since I was 15. I felt "stuck" in my old unhealthy habits mainly because I didn't know how to change them!
Here are some habits I've learned that's made my life stress/anxiety free and can benefit life in a great way.
Note: I won't be going into full detail about each habit.
1. Stop thinking so much about the past AND future!
- I strongly believe in the phrase, "live in the moment". (I'm not talking about "YOLOing", getting drunk, and not giving a sh**). Live in the moment and search for opportunities. It can be any type of opportunity, If you have extra time on your hands, That can be an opportunity to workout, or reach out to a friend.
2. Be Social.
-You would think this is an easy habit and a no brainier. BUT in my generation, everyone is so sucked into Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and smart phones that they forget about REAL socializing. I think the socially awkward personality type is slightly growing due to the internet.
-Save money now! The last thing you want to do is be living pay check to pay with so much uncertainty as to whether or not you will survive on your own -which can cause anxiety and depression. Do yourself a favor and look up ways to save money to make life less stressful!
3. Stop talking about it, AND DO IT!
- I see a lot of people do this on SparkPeople. They talk so much about how they are going to eat healthy and exercise daily, but yet they don't do it. Just stop talking about doing it and DO the action! Talk about doing it AFTER you've DONE IT!
4. Make a daily "do to" list
-Write it down, make it a priority and get it done. Yeah, some of those things on that list isn't the most enjoyable things - but you will feel 100x better after it's done! Better mood = better life :)
5. Exercise and eat healthy!
-We all know the benefits of eating healthy and exercising. (If you don't, Google it!) It's better to start doing it now before you start regretting NOT doing it later!
6. Wake up early.
-I've never felt so energized in my LIFE. Once I started getting up early, doing what needs to get done and having some ME time - I have the whole day to do whatever I want without worrying. (I go to bed at 8:30-9:00pm and wake up at 5:00-6:00am)
7. Learn relaxation techniques.
-Learn what gets you relaxed - THAT'S HEALTHY AND SAFE! I use to go online shopping to feel relaxed, but I realized this is a very unhealthy way to deal with anger/anxiety. Explore ways that releases that anger/anxiety and write it down! It's great to have a list on hand for a reminder.
8. Make goals, big and small.
-Write out ALL your goals and look at that list everyday. Ask yourself, "what can I do today that will push me closer to one of these goals"
If you have any good habits people should learn or if you want to talk more about a specific habit listed above, just leave a comment!