Today I turn 35! Today I start over. Yesterday I was driving, looking out at the colorful tree and the cloudless sky and I realized that I don't like my life or myself very much. I am at a crossroads. I despise my job, I am not happy about my finances, and I miss my old life. I felt guilty. I felt whiny. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking and thinking and now if you ask me about what I don't even remember. But I woke this morning with my husband's arms wrapped around me and I realized I wanted to improve, I want to start this phase of my life on the positive. I am going to focus on me, I want to be better, feel better, look better, and most importantly BE a better person.
I always make new years resolutions and like many people they barely last until Easter. So this time I am not making a resolution, I am making a promise to myself. This year, my 35th year, I am going to DO these changes, I am going to DO what NEEDS to be done and pray I make the right decision along the way. I hate setting goals because we don't always reach them and then feel like we failed and give up hope. I am DOING the following:
- take a class to learn how to use my sewing machine that has been sitting in my closet for years
- sell or give away at least 10 things a week to thin down the closets and bookshelves
- weigh, measure and focus on portion control when I eat
- use my body for no less than 30 minutes a day, either on the elliptical or take a walk, or do a bunch of WII fit or Just Dance games with the kids, just MOVE
- cook at home and clean up the mess the SAME NIGHT at least 5 out of 7 nights
- I am going eat more fruit and veggies and less junk
These tasks will help me, I know that and I am going to post them in my car, taped to my debit card, and on my fridge. They will keep me focused and on the eve of my 36th Birthday I will reach my goals.
I ask that if you read my posts, please comment, it can only help me reach my goals.