Thursday, October 17, 2013
This is a blog I wrote (but didn't get around to posting) on the day after my last blog. I was pondering why I could stick with the plan for a few months or weeks in the past, and now have trouble being consistent 24 hours.
Part of the solution is keeping it fresh in my mind throughout the day. Life gets busy. Saturating myself with the good stuff here at Spark makes a big difference.
Here are my current goals:
1. Persistence, not perfection. Spark said the most successful Sparkers are those who get up and keep going. Isn't it time to make some progress? Commit to asking the Lord for help daily, to guide and strengthen and bless my efforts.
2. Log everything in the nutrition tracker so I can stay within the recommended calorie range. That includes healthy and unhealthy eating choices. Log it.
3. Exercise on purpose and log it.
Use every opportunity to move. Get up and do it myself instead of requesting someone else to fetch something since they are already up. I promised myself a long time ago that I would not ask someone to do for me what I can do for myself.
4. Log my sleep under Other Goals tracker. Aim for seven hours. My sleep habits changed drastically after major surgery 9 years ago, too uncomfortable to sleep well most nights. If my body won't go to sleep, it's all right...but if I'm getting an inadequate amount of sleep because I'm fighting sleep and staying up too late, that's not all right. Go to bed when I'm tired.
5. Blog it. Visit other people's blogs. Ask for help. Build support. Help others. When I encourage others, I encourage myself.