I fear the back surgery is actually harder on Beth than on me.
Her duties have about tripled since my first back surgery.
* Even when I'm not in pain, I can't drive because of the narcotics. I have various doctor, clinic, lab, and imaging appointments at least 3X per week.
* I can't bend over for any reason, so anything on the lower shelves has to be gotten for me.
* The dressings on the back sutures have had to be changed three to four times a day at first. Now, we're down to twice a day. She's an RN used to working with premie babies not big, clumsy galoots like me.
* She has taken over all my chores: dishes, garbage, recycling, the half of the cooking I used to do, groceries and all errands away from the house.
* I have so much stuff out in the den including ice packs, blankets, phones, computers, notes, pills, etc.
* Our trips to the drug store are at least three times per week.
* Help with showers.
* 1000 other things I can't remember.
She a Celtics fan, more so even than I am, yet she's unable to stay awake for more than about 5 minutes worth of any game. (Although, that may be merciful, this season.)
Thank you, Beth!