Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Several people have asked how I do my virtual walks and have requested a blog about it.
Here is the answer to your questions, my friends.
1) I choose a place that I want to see in person and Google it to find out the address.
2) I enter the address into Google Maps along with my own address to find out how far it is from my house.
3) I begin to walk either on the roads near my house or on a treadmill at the gym and enter my mileage on SP Fitness Tracker Mileage Log. (I find out how far I have walked on the roads by checking it with my car's odometer).
4) I keep a daily log of my mileage and subtract the daily mileage from the the total miles until I reach ZERO.
5) I call and make reservations to visit the place. Be sure to check the place you are going to find out how far in advance you need to make reservations. Fallingwater reservations must be made far in advance.
I think that since I plan to go to Fallingwater next year, and because the distance is almost 800 miles from my house, I will not only walk but also bike this trip. After all, I don't want to get too discouraged along the way and also want to make sure that I finish in time to actually keep my reservations.
So...where are YOU walking to?