Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and we have so much to be thankful for. We celebrated with our big family dinner yesterday which was fun as always. It ended up being just the girls and Garry and I. Kyle and his family had a funeral to attend and Quin wasn't able to make it back home in time. But bless his heart he phoned to have a chat with us and catch us up on what has been happening the past few days in his life.
I tried out a couple of new recipes this Thanksgiving and highly recommend the "Roasted Balsamic sweet potatoes"...they were a huge hit at our supper table. Thank you Pintrest for providing the recipe. The "roasted Balsamic/Agave carrots" were good too, but not as good as the sweet potatoes!
Yesterday as the first day since Sept 1 that I did not get all my water into me.
By the time I realized I still had 2 glasses to go, it was time for bed and I didn't want to drink that much water before heading off to bed.
1. I'm so thankful that although Quin wasn't home for Thanksgiving dinner, we are blessed to have him still with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you. He is healing very well and has had the clearance to head back to work.
2. I was extremely excited to answer the phone yesterday and hear Garry's aunt Agnes on the phone. (one of our favorite aunts). What a wonderful surprise to hear from her and to have a great chat. Made both Garry's and my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm thankful that Garry was able to get the door properly fit and we know longer have a big gap showing. Thank you angels for your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm thankful that the girls were able to join us yesterday and we had a great family time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm thankful for the wonderful food we have and had yesterday. It is so wonderful to know that the food we were eating (outside of the turkey) was all grown by ourselves or at the very least all organic. No chemicals and no preservatives. Thank you for the blessing of healthy food. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for the blessing of being able to sit at the kitchen table and not feel a cold breeze blowing in from the back door. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you for the beauty of the fall colors and that although the temperature outside is not real warm...we don't have any snow! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you for the joy we share as a family and that we are such a close unit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. We are blessed to eyes and hearts that are open to acknowledge the many blessings that come our way each day. Life is what we make it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
What are you thankful for today?