Can you believe this is week 41 of only 52 weeks in a year? It is time to get in gear to finish the year on a high note and accomplish as much of the three remaining goals for 2013. Ultimately, my main objective is to get to goal weight, finally. The goals below are in support of that and also so I can get stronger.
On swimming 75 miles in 2013:
Iíve realized that getting all my stuff together to go swimming is not workable now. Iím going to have to accept that I will not get as much mileage as I would like. However, I do have access to a pool twice a week as I am currently enrolled in a water aerobics class. I would much prefer to be in a swim class, but the community college changed the rules on us from Spring to Fall. The swim class is no longer repeatable, so I choose the next best alternative just so I can get in the water.
Last week I got to class early and found my chance to get in a few yards before class starts. That is what Iíll have to be happy with until I sort out the recent changes in my life. If Iím lucky I can get about 2 miles per month.
The other goals I have for the year are easier to access, but tough to do. Iím working my way to pull-up and I might increase the workouts to 3x week if needed.
The nutrition thing is a challenge. I used to snack through the afternoon, but got a handle on that. Now, I almost have the evening snacking in check. The weekend is still a challenge, so it is interesting to post this just as the weekend begins.
In any case this is my main focus for the rest of the year:
1) Pull-up workout on Tues. and Fridays in support of doing one unassisted pull-up
2) Arrive early to water aerobics on Monday and Wednesday and do as many laps as possible in support of getting more miles of swimming this year.
3) Stay within calorie range at least six days a week in support of losing those last six pounds to goal weight.
[Added for week 44 and beyond]
4) 350 minutes of fitness per week (That's just under an hour a day, six days of the week!)
I will update this blog with weekly status and analysis of what happened:
1) 5x8 negative chin-ups on Friday (Tuesday was an HOA meeting), 5x8 negative chin-ups Sunday
2) 250 yards on Monday; 500 on Wed. (I got to class earlier on Wed.)
3) M, T, W, Th, F, Sa, Sun (100%) YAY!
Down 0.7 lb.
1) My right arm is too sore from Sunday, so no pull ups Tuesday. No Friday and Sunday. Either.
2) 200 yards on Monday; 250 on Wed.
3) T, W, Idk. The weekend was bad. I do not know what I did for Friday to Sunday
I got a gift and neither gained or lost
1) Tuesday, Wed.
2) Sick on Monday. 1000 on Wed. (We had a sub. and I took advantage.)
3) Monday, Tuesday. Friday and on some days I did not log. sigh.
I gained 0.7 lb.
I need to fix my weekends. I spent too much time out of the house and I didn't mind my food too well. I did not do any chores or workouts. I will add one more objective: fitness minutes!
1) Tues. (half pull up/half chin up), Friday 8x5 neg. pull ups
2) Noting Monday...too many doctor appointments. 10/30 375 yds
3) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
4) Tues: 85 min. Wed. 120 min. Thurs. 57 min. Fri 77 min. Sat 57 min
I gained 0.5 lbs.
1) Tues, Fri, Sun neg pull ups. Moving to the next step. Either do as much of a chin up on first 2 reps or hang.
2) Monday 11/04 325. Nothing Wed. (Work)
3) Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. ? ? ?
4) M 90, Tu 35, W 30, Th 30 Fr 60, Sun 60
I am beginning to think that this vigilant food monitoring is no good. I need to spend my time in a better way.
I lost a quarter pound.
1) Sunday made me sore. No Tuesday. Friday, Sunday
2) No swim Monday for holiday. Wed: 750 yards
3) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
4) M 60, Tu 60, Wed 90, Fri 20, Sun 65
I lost a pound! I need to keep out of the kitchen in the evening and eat easy on the weekend.
2) No swim because of hair color on Mon. 375 yards Wed.
3) Mon, Tue, Wed
4) Mon 90 Tue 77 Wed. 90
Week 48 was Thanksgiving week, so much went out the window.
2) No swim because I didn't feel like wearing a swim suit and Thanksgiving eve.
3) I have no idea as I didn't track any of it.
4) Sat 2 hr walk, Sun 1 hr walk
1) Tue Fri Sun
2) 125 M 500 Wed
3) M Tu W F Sa Su
4) 90 M 20 Tu 90 W 10 Th 60 Fri 60 Sat 60 Sun
1) Tue Friday
2) 500 M 750 W
4) 90 M 60 Tu 110 w