OK, so my doctor said i cannot continue my walk training for the next 7 to 10 days. That stung! My first thought was, "What the hell do you mean, i can't walk?" In that split second all i saw in front of me was my gaining back every pound i ever lost. Every pound i FOUGHT to lose. But just as quickly i realized he said i could not continue with my walk training but i could do other forms of fitness that would keep the impact off of my foot.
So as i drove back to work from his office i started to devise a plan.
I would attack my ST. I mean my upper body is pretty weak to begin with anyways. I could also use the stationary bike so long as i do not press on the area that needs to heal. SO...
I've hit the gym and the following has been my Plan B:
* Ride the stationary bike for the SAME amount of time i would have been walking. So if i knew i would have walked for 2 hours, my butt is riding that bike for 2 hours. I need to keep my legs moving for the same amount of time.
* Build leg strength:
- Inner Thigh machine at 90+ pounds per rep
- Outer Thigh machine at 80+ pounds per rep
- Leg Extension machine at 110+ pounds per rep
- Leg Curl machine at 110+ pounds per rep
- Leg press machine at 145+ pounds per rep
- Calf Press machine at 110+ pounds per rep
* Build upper body strength:
- Pec Flys (machine) at 55 pounds per rep
- Deltoid Flys (machine) at 35 pounds per rep
- Lat Pulldowns (machine) at 70 pounds per rep
- Vertical Rows (machine) at 70 pounds per rep
- Bent Over Arm Rows at 10 pounds per rep
- Arm Extensions at 15 pounds per rep
- Bicep Curls at 10 pounds per rep (I do the come half way up sets, all the way up to half way down sets and full sets)
- Shoulder press at 35 pounds per rep
* Build Core Strength:
- Wood chops with 8 pound medicine ball
- Standard Crunches
- Reverse Crunches
- Oblique Crunches
When i was at the gym the wall near the weights is nothing but mirrors. MAN! I saw all the loose skin around my arms as i was watching my form. I can see muscle BUT i also saw all the skin..sigh...time to tighten and tone.
Sometimes i feel like Rocky Balboa...lol
Can you tell i'm worn out?