So at the 25th mile of this four year weight loss marathon that I've been on for four years. I'm having to face some realities about the future. Some really harsh. For example:
* I've never really focused on building muscle. It's a new thing to me.
* My trip to the beach is only 10 months away.
* I've never *not* focused on my weight before. It will be a new thing for me.
* If I ever get engaged, "That" conversation may happen with my fiance
Some though, really *Awesome*.
* I'm on the verge of achieving a huge weight loss goal.
* I'm in about the best shape of my life since high school.
* My eating is finally under control para siempre
* The 2014 Triple threat
**THE TRIPLE THREAT!!!
"What is the Triple Threat?" you may ask. It's the next phase of the plan.
Since May, I've been going hard and heavy on the weights and cardio. I've noticed recently though that I'm not getting the bang for buck that I was. It's time to take it to the next level. 1 Minute at a time for 40 weeks.
For now, I am still doing the same workout, but replacing 1 minute incrementally each week with:
* Kick Boxing (will start at the beginning of next year)
Currently, I'm doing two minutes on the spinning bike and two kettlebell exercise each workout.
When I hit the 15 minute mark on both, I will start to separate the two workouts onto different days. Maybe start taking actual spin classes. We'll figure something out, anyway.
**TH3 3ND GAM3:
The end game is to work my way up to a 40-45 minutes spin or kick-boxing class.
There is an online kettlebell workout, It's a 40 minute "beginners" workout using 12 and 16KG bells. Yeah, a 40 minute kettlebell workout that uses 25 and 35 pound kettlebells. My goal is to be able to do it by the end of next year. Until then, I will be adding the exercises in at lower weights and working my way up. add 1 exercise each week (approx 1 minute per exercise).
Each Saturday morning I will post my Saturday morning's main event kettlebell workout in my blog (It may soon replace the weigh-in blog). Practice two minutes each workout on non-Saturdays. I'll blog about the workout soon.
So there you have it. The Triple Threat:
* Kickboxing for the legs, arms and core
* Kettlebells for the legs, arms and core
* Spinning for the legs and core
2014, here I come. You're on notice.
- TD Out!