The 4 R's
Tuesday, October 08, 2013
I said a prayer in desperation a few months ago now that I needed to deeply REST, RESTORE, RECUPERATE and REVITALIZE. I was standing strong on the prayer to be answered when I found SP and chose my name "HABITATVITALITY". I wanted my home (meaning the place I live and the body I inhabit to be revitalized in every way). Well, looks like my prayer is being answered!
Today is the beginning of week 4 and I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks since embarking on the new me, or the old me back!
It feels so much longer than that with what I have personally learned and achieved in the process - it is such early days and I am so thrilled at the solid foundation I am laying for this road ahead......
Here are some of my personal learnings and achievements - I have/I am:
- Completed the 7 day GM diet and lost 3.2kgs in the process, as well as re-setting my cravings for the journey ahead.
- Lost 4.4kgs in the 3 weeks.
- Interacted with some wonderful people on SP and enjoyed following their journeys and listening to their advice and comments about mine.
- Learning about portion size and I am now adhering to regular 'serving sizes'.
- Conquered my grocery store shopping sprees and reduced my grocery bill each week by at least 60%.
- Eating fresher produce and enjoying a trip to the markets each week.
- Learning the makeup of food such as amount of calories, protein, fat etc.
- Spending 95% of the time within my daily recommended dietary guidelines and calorie intake.
- Learning the principles of whole foods and acquiring a taste for them. No longer craving for or enjoying the taste and texture of processed foods.
- Broken out of denial about my habits of hoarding food and clothing
- Cleaned out my freezer, fridge and pantry and am well on my way of eating through the excessive stocks as well as giving items away.
- Ceased drinking alcohol and coffee (that is a big one!)
- No longer eat any bread products whatsoever or white rice or white pasta.
- Worked out a positive strategy to sort through my clothing and give some to charity (work in progress).
- My skin, hair, eyes etc. are looking radiant!
- I have a renewed level of confidence and self esteem.
- I am working on renewing some old friendships and increasing my social activity (work in progress).
- I am spending quality time with family and remaining tolerant with them.
- I am taking action and getting things done that I have been putting off for a long time.
- My mood, emotions and attitude is stable, my thinking is clearer and I am happier being me.
- My gratitude to God is deep and sincere.
There are so many more intangible results - in 3 weeks this is quite an awesome result in my little world - imagine a lifetime of it - WOW!
Over the next few days I am going to embark back into exercise as I have not had a relapse of illness over the past 10 days or so. This is a good sign and I believe that I am getting stronger and healthier and more relaxed and my body is better able to cope with the added stress of exercise.
It is time for me to now crank it up a notch so watch this space if you are game !!
Have a lovely day today everyone and thanks for reading my re-cap.