Thin for Life
Monday, October 07, 2013
So these are tips from "Health" magazine on how to keep pounds off for the long run:
1. You have to move every single day. Even if you don't have one big block of activity, you should have spurts of activity throughout the day.
2. Maintaining muscle matters = resistance training a few times a week (add in sets of squats and lunges into few minute sessions every day) can increase your resting calorie burn by 100 calories a day.
3. A Mediterranean style diet high in fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts and healthy fats is good for your heart and also fights metabolism slow-down.
4. Regular weigh-ins help with maintenance and loss..and keep pound creep in check.
5. The rumor about breakfast being crucial is true
6. Trying to eat perfectly is a recipe for failure..give yourself room for treats occasionally.
Nothing everyone doesn't already know but this was a good reminder for me!