Sunday, October 06, 2013
Today's health hour is playing catch up with some of the things that I've been leaving on the back burner during these last few crazy work weeks. About to head in to work here in a bit to start another four-day crazy work week consisting of three 12-hour (plus) shifts and within two hours after the end of the third 12-hour shift, I'll be back at work to participate in a six to eight hour long meeting.
So looking at the positive side:
- I'll have a nice paycheck again this week
- that money will put me closer to reaching my goals
- I'm learning to deal with stress hands on (ok, that might be a laugh) and I'm learning to be flexible or at least more mentally alert even when exhausted
- I get more opportunities to interact more with my patients
- I can slowly learn to love the massive quantities of paperwork (maybe, miracles do happen) ;)
- I get the satisfaction of a job well done (at least, to the best of my abilities and efforts)
- I get brownie points with the bosses that might count toward me getting a 2% raise on my next evaluation
- I et more opportunities to earn the trust of my patients and they have done so much over the years to help build my confidence in myself and others
- it's work, I mean really, I could be watching a movie, sleeping, or going to Zumba or out with a friend tonight... Hi, him, it's off to work I go!