Sunday, October 06, 2013
I am really bad at writing blogs.
I'm fixin' to take part in a 5% Fall Challenge, and there's a bunch of assignments we're supposed to do, to get ready for it. I discovered I was a little behind on the assignments, the exact same day I came down with some sort of virus. So I was behind to begin with, and I'm even more behind now. However if the virus I had was the flu, I reckon I'm ahead on that since they've barely started pushing the flu shots at us.
1) Intro & Exercise Plan... get your exercise stuff ready, plan what you'll do. This is pretty easy for me as I'd gotten into an exercise streak before I got sick. Of course I haven't exercised since I've been sick.... considering just getting out of bed to use the restroom left me with a racing heart and every muscle in my body screaming in pain. I don't reckon THAT counts as cardio though. We'll ease back into it.
Strength Training (full body) Tuesday and Friday, 30 minutes each session
Cardio Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur-- I do the hills in our neighborhood wearing a weighted backpack. 30 minutes each session
"Bonus" is at least an hour over the weekend doing yardwork-- raking leaves, transplanting things, etc.
2) Nutrition Plan. Pretty much I follow the Spark plan, anything in moderation. Which makes the Nutrition Tracker invaluable. I plan meals around here a month at a time and do my major shopping trip at the beginning of the month. I reckon I'm pretty well set for October except for fresh produce every week. This is pretty much the same plan I've followed before.
3) Update your Spark Page. Well. I've read it over and it's all pretty much still true.
4 and 5) Win Today Checklist, Win Tomorrow Checklist. These both list things to help you stay on track today, or plan for tomorrow so you'll stay on track. I already have a daily routine which has been working well.... but I'm thinking that even a good plan can use some visual aids, and I love checking off stuff as I complete it. So these will go on the refrigerator.
6) Motivation-- all the reasons why you want to lose weight, what you want to change, how you want to look and feel. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I've managed to stay in maintenance range for a while now, but it's been sort of a herky-jerky journey. I'd like to change that, and get to a more even keel. I can cruise along for a while staying within range and making really healthy choices. And then I hit a spell where I'm bingeing on a lot of crap. I really want a healthy lifestyle, where the majority of the time I'm making good choices.
7) Triggers. Interesting that this follows the Motivation assignment. Although there are a few foods that are triggers for me, I think it's more situational. When I'm overtired or feeling really stressed, for example. Because I can get into a binge on "healthy" stuff too. Like the granola from the Spark Cookbook. Although I must admit my binges would probably be high carb, high fat foods. Not green beans.
8) Know your numbers. Calculate your 5%, update your Fitness, get your calorie range. Done.