Thursday, October 03, 2013
This morning I set an alarm to wake up early and work out before work. I overslept, but only by 10-15 minutes. Still, I decided that if I did the 27 minute workout DVD I was planning on, it would take too long and I would have to rush through my shower and breakfast, possibly being late for work. Instead, I checked my email, eBay bids, and Facebook... and jumped into the shower later than I would have if I had just done the stupid exercise DVD!
So, in honor of this morning, I am posting this excellent piece that seems to be floating around SparkPeople today. I am definitly at the "interested" phase now, and need to work harder to be committed if I want to see any type of change!
INTERESTED or COMMITTED
If you tend to start and stop every time you work towards getting healthy, you may want to look at the difference between being interested and being committed.
When you’re truly committed to achieving your goals, you stick with it, no matter what.
People who are INTERESTED in getting healthy by losing weight & getting fit
1. Stick with it until something better comes along
2. Take action only if they “feel like” doing it
3. Need to see results in order to stay motivated
4. Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
5. Easily give up when they face challenges
People who are COMMITTED to getting healthy by losing weight & getting fit
1. Stick with their plans no matter what
2. Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
3. Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow
4. Take responsibility for their own actions
5. Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks
Start adopting a “NO MATTER WHAT” attitude, then convince yourself you can stay with your goals regardless of your daily challenges.