I wanted to try something different tonight and decided to make meatballs with onions, fresh chopped apples and spices (cinnamon, ginger, garlic, coriander and cayenne pepper).
Apple, red, fresh, W/Skin, Small, 1/4, chopped
fresh sweet onion, 1 small, chopped
Salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 dash
Pepper, red or cayenne, 0.25 tsp
Coriander seed, 0.1 tsp
Ginger Root, 0.25 tsp, chopped
Cinnamon, ground, dash
Balsamic Vinegar, 0.5 tbsp
Garlic, 2 clove, minced
Minced Meat, Beef, 250 gram(s)
Water, 3 tablespoons
The fluid from the cooking process can be thickened with bisto to make a sauce for the meatballs. Serve with rice or potatoes. Note: Not included in the nutritional information at the end of the recipe.
1) Microwave all ingredients except the minced meat for 3 minutes at 600W.
2) Mash with a fork and microwave for 2 more minutes. leave 5 minutes to cool.
3) Add mixtures to minced meat and fold through lightly with a fork till mixed.
4) Form 4 meatballs without kneading the mixtures too much.
5) Spray a microwave dish with a dash of low cal olive spray and add meatballs and a teaspoon of water. Cover and microwave for 9 minutes on high.
6) Rest the meatballs for 5 - 7 minutes before removing from microwave.
7) Fluid will form during the cooking processs. Pour off.
Nutritional Info: Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 10.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Sodium: 582.4 mg
Total Carbs: 2.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 12.5 g