Whirl wind decisions and occurrences
Thursday, October 03, 2013
Life has been a little of a whirl wind these last few days. I am in Jakarta writing this blog reflecting on the last few days. Time differences - heat - clueless to where I have been makes it a little hard to sort through.
Beginning with a late night phone call - Noni 's eldest brother has passed away - he fell and hit his head was all we were told. We were asked if we would come to the funeral - we said yes and the next day once again I juggled cooking - travel agent and next few days menu and food order.
Meeting with the owner - I told him I was leaving with Noni - with all the last weeks drama I was not willing to stay like I did when her father passed -- I had re posted on Facebook a couple of weeks earlier that you should not push a loyal person the breaking point -- well I think that is true and good advice and I think I have been under minded and pushed too far.. I was going.
That day is a blur - arranging tickets - dog sitter - packing - cooking - next week preparations but we got through it. Just as we were closing down the computers the phone rang again - the family changed all the funeral arrangements and we would miss it by half a day. Talk about me becoming angry.. furious. I have had my first sharp words with the family since I married into it.
What to do?? I could try to cancel the tickets I have insurance - but the owner has, hired two chefs that he knows to come and cook next week. A lot of things had happened today to get to this point. Decided to go obviously -- Noni needs to be there to deal with the after matters of this death and to do some more in closing her fathers.
The night we arrived 15 hours in transport - they gathered for a family meeting - discussions on property and personal belongings still in the family home. Noni was there and that made it good that we came.. Before we leave there will be another family gathering - Noni has been able to talk face to face with the remaining siblings - I have No idea about what was said but she does..
This trip now means we both loose a week's pay and the 3000 dollars it cost for the tickets - that will be a hard pill to swallow since I only have one pay left in October.. All I know is that I do not plan on returning here if there is a next time family emergency - I will not travel during my work season...
So that is the beginning - more will come about my visit ..