September went well. I didn't lose all the weight I wanted before hiking in Peru, but I was certainly fit enough to complete the hike in fine style. On the hardest day, hiking up 4,000 feet in elevation to Dead Woman's Pass, TC and I were #5 and #6 to make it to the top out of our group of 14.
I ended the month at the same weight, which is a positive measure of my ability to maintain my weight loss. A huge accomplishment for me, always.
October will be ROCKTOBER for me, as we have no trips planned the entire month!
That means I can concentrate on healthy cooking, exercising, and being a productive member of my BLC 23 team, the Steely Sapphire Soldiers!
I love a new month -- they are filled with hope, promise, and possibility! Here are my goals for October:
1. Strength training on T and TH at the fitness center. This has been on the back burner while we've concentrated on hiking. Yesterday in class I felt as weak as a baby bird! Now it's time to get back to it.
2. Train for the half marathon we've signed up for on November 3. Because it's only a month away this means long walks twice a week. We should do 7 miles today.
3. Aim for 15,000 steps per day. Easy on the walking days, not so much on the others.
4. Keep up with ALL the team challenges.
5. Try to "trust the process" and eat within my calorie range. I have the mindset that if 1500 calories is good, 1200 is better and 1000 is best. I know it isn't so, but decades of that thinking is hard to change. I'll really try to eat within the range that Spark gives me, especially given my high activity level. This will be the hardest goal for me to meet!
On an unrelated note, I want to report a Non-Scale Victory. Yesterday TC bought (1) a half-dozen chocolate frosted doughnuts, (2) a Halloween-sized bag of Snickers bars, (3) a big ol' tub of ice cream. He consumed some of each of those things during the day. So, what did I have for my snacks? One cup of frozen grapes and a Blue Bell frozen fruit bar!