I've been reflecting back on the past month and a half and why I have not been as successful as I was the previous month and a half and I've come up with a few things:
1. Ate out way too often.
I was out of town for a week visiting my daughter and we ate every meal out. That is a recipe for failure because no matter what I say to myself ahead of time, I tend to give in when I find myself in the restaurant.
2. Didn't work out on a regular basis.
I hurt my ankle back in August and up until that time, I was consistent and motivated with my exercise. The ankle injury certainly held me back and caused me to lose motivation. Once I could work out again, I didn't.....no excuse for that.
3. Didn't stay active on SP.
When I was out of town I didn't login, track or go on message boards. Yes, I only had my phone available but I have the SP app as well as the Spark Coach app so there was no excuse.
These are the main reasons (excuses) for my lack of success. However, I don't consider the past 6 weeks to be a failure because I know exactly what I did wrong and I am ready to put it behind me and get back on track.
I am making October a month to renew and refresh myself. I am going to do the following:
1 Eat at home most of the time. (this will save money and calories)
2. Get back on track with exercise goals.
3. Eat fresh, non-processed foods.
4. Clean out fridge and pantry of foods that trigger the urge to overeat or make unhealthy choices.
5. Start a streak of logging in, tracking food and fitness, following SparkCoach and meeting all my goals.
6. Engage in daily positive self talk.
7. Keep goals in front of me.
8. Create small rewards for setting streaks and meeting goals.
I have said this over and over but I am worth the time and energy that it takes to get fit and healthy and I am not going to get in my way of meeting this goal.