Monday, September 30, 2013
I had the MRI completed of the tennis ball size "growth" in my left thigh and found out it is a lipoma (benign fatty thingee).. nothing to worry about and probably is only is noticeable to me since I've lost weight and grown muscle! YEAH ME!... I'm in week two of wearing "the boot" to treat a small tear in my right achilles and achilles tendonOSIS.. I also had my colonoscopy and am clear for another 5 years.. pap smear clear.. just have my mammogram left and I'm DONE!
A pic of me rowing with my boot! Cuz this is not going to stop me.. yeah, it'd be a convenient excuse.. but I don't need no dern excuses! It's just an obstacle that challenges my creativity!
I'm participating in my 2nd Biggest Loser Challenge #23... one of the things our brilliant cappy has us do is a fitness and flexibility test at the beginning.. then again at 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks (I think LOL)... I did modify a couple of the requirement which we are allowed to do..
- Crunches (# in 60 seconds) - modified to CrossFit style full situps and did 28
- Squats (# in 60 seconds) - squatted to parallel and did 35
- Push ups (# in 60 seconds) - modified to knee with legs crossed and did 15
- Plank (count in seconds) - modified to hollow rock and did 45 sec
- Wall Sit (count in seconds) - omitted until the boot is off
- Exercise of your choice - add any strength exercises that you want to track! (# in 60 seconds)- I chose 35# KB swings (# in 60 seconds) and completed 30
We are also supposed to run or walk a mile but that's not happening either.. so i modified to a mile row on the erg... that's 1600 meters and it took me 9 minutes 30 seconds with one leg only (due to the boot)...
I, unfortunately, will have to add my flexibility pic a bit later.. it turned out too dark and I'll need to retake.
93 days and 34lbs to ONEderland