26. To be prepared for almost anything.
OK, so I did not run a marathon, but I did watch one Saturday.
I grew up a Girl Scout, my brother a Boy Scout. The Scout motto is, "Be prepared." I certainly was not prepared Saturday when I went to watch my brother run the marathon. There is no one good seat to see a lot of action in a marathon. If you want see the good stuff and you want to be there to support your runner when their going gets tough, you have to move around a lot. Those with bicycles had an easier time, but I was on foot. I covered over nine miles carrying my bag and my chair. In the warm sun for the last half of the race. He ran the marathon, but I went home exhausted! Eating right, exercising, getting a good night's sleep: it is all important to being prepared to participate when life hands you an opportunity. Whether I am training for a race or other event or not, I am training for life.
To help SPARK the fire I need to get back on track, I plan to post a new reason for 30 days reminding me why I want to live healthier and lose weight.
25. To be less likely to end up dependent on our over-taxed healthcare system.
24. So my pretty winter clothes fit
23. Because the blood test is coming
22. To never wonder what my motivations are
21. Superficial rewards like SparkPoints and compliments
20. Breathing easier is better.
19. For energy to live the life I want.
18. Because it is only natural to judge a book by its cover.
17. Because I know the more successful I am, the more successful I will want to be. Success breeds success.
16. To live without pain without taking prescription ibuprofen several times each day.
15. To wake up easily.
14. To be the hero of my own story.
13. It feels so much better to be in control of my sugar addiction than to be controlled by it.
12. More small clothes fit in the washer/dryer than big clothes.
11. With more strength, greater flexibility, and less weight, I may find myself in less pain.
10. When I am outside more, I am sick less.
09. To reduce my rising cholesterol levels.
08. To be a positive influence on my diabetic husband.
07. I hate my double chin.
06. So I can easily reach my goal of finishing the 2014 Fight for Air Climb in under 40 minutes.
05. Regular exercise clears my head and evens my moods.
04. I feel more in control of my life when I take care of myself.
03. I liked it better when I fit in L shirts instead of XL.
02. When I exercise regularly, I have more energy.
01. When my face is thinner, I have a prettier smile.