Happy Thursday, Sparkers! September 26th already?! What!?! Wow!
My fitness minutes are at 1,275 right now. I would like to hit my 1,500 minutes goal by the end of this month! I have kickboxing Friday & Monday which will help a bit. If I want to hit the 1,500, I will HAVE to do some exercising on the weekend!
Since I am not losing much weight & have been fluctuating on the scale the past few months, I have been trying to find new ways to keep my motivation level high. I don't want to maintain at 160, but I definitely don't want to gain weight!
Here are some things I have recently been doing differently to keep myself motivated:
1. I bought myself some summer clothes on clearance that are a tad TOO small. I wouldn't wear the shirts or shorts out in public today, but I am hoping I will be able to wear them next summer! When I feel like I need a push, I try on the small clothes! I know I could wear them next year!
2. New Recipes - I get tired of eating the same food. Recently I have really been missing a lot of saucey food. Instead of having pasta every night, I have been looking up other sauce dishes. I want to start making spaghetti squash again. It is the season for it & I can get it pretty cheap at the farms nearby! I also could have fresh veggies with sauce as a side instead of pasta. I have made a baked ziti in the past with ground meat. I want to try to make an italian rice casserole with ground turkey! I think the new recipes are helping me stick to the better eating.
3. Various Exercises - Instead of just doing kickboxing, I have been doing kickboxing AND pilates. I used to just do one type of exercise a week. Now I am trying to add some variety. I work out different muscles which is a plus too.
4. Helping others with their journeys - A friend of mine started weight watchers a few weeks ago. Instead of just letting her do it on her own, I asked how the program was going. I remember from the past that people used to ask me if I was losing weight. They asked how the program was, but they didn't really have any actual advice for me. I wanted to reach out and let her know that I was here! Also, I introduced her to Spark and so far she says she is really enjoying it! That makes me feel good too because I love this community!
5. The feeling of not exercising - When I was sick a few weeks ago, I didn't do any workouts for a few days. I actually WANTED to exercise! I feel better mentally and physically after I work out. Most mornings I wake up happier when I worked out the night before.
6. Eliminating most dairy: I actually feel like doing this is motivating me to keep making better decisions in my other food choices. It has only been a month and a half since I have been trying to get rid of dairy. Most weekends I now have cereal with unsweetened almond milk. I keep saying no to cheese, but I also don't really have sour cream anymore also! I miss it, but saying NO to those items really helps me keep saying no to other "bad" foods.
7. Start now instead of later - Some people like to say "I will start my new diet on Monday, so I will eat whatever I want now." I don't want to live like that anymore.
There are a few things that are still motivating me, so I am not stopping! I need every bit of motivation I can get!!!!!!!!!
1. Reading other blogs - I really like reading about the other good days, binge days, personal records, non-scale victories, and other randomness of the Spark blogs!
2. Goals - I still like to make long term, short term, and mini goals! The other day I said I wouldn't have french fries for a week - I have a few more days left, and I think I can do it!
3. Pictures - I still look at my old pictures and comparison shots! They really help me realize how far I have come. I can't give up now!
4. Give to Get - I have to actually DO something to get the results I want! Even though I wish I could, I can't just sit around and hope for the best. A lot of planning goes into what I am going to eat and what I am not going to eat.
5. Stay far away from the Negative- We can't always avoid negativity, but I try to continue to stay away from it if I can. I don't need drama over unimportant things! My positivity is more important for me to keep reaching my goals.
6. SparkPeople! This website really helps me stay on track. Even if I slack off a bit, I know coming back on here really keeps me on the healthier & happier path!
Hopefully everyone has a great weekend working or off! Keep Sparking & keep pushing towards your goals!