Well, here I am again. I reached my goal 2 years ago, but since that time 20 lbs have come back. The first 5 lbs came quickly, then after stalling for a few months, the pounds came on with a fury. No, it did not just happen. I have a lot of excuses:
1. Remodeled kitchen - 8 months of eating out nightly and my the rec room where I exercise became our living room, dining room and kitchen disrupting my morning exercise routine.
2. Wine - I began adding back a glass or two of wine nightly, which eventually became 3 or 4. For some reason my body does not metabolize wine well and the lbs add on more than the calories would suggest.
3. Laziness - it became easier to go out for lunch than pack a healthy lunch -- a hold over from the habits formed during the remodel.
4. Hot and Cold -- the beautiful Southern California weather had strings of too hot and too cold days for my daily walk.
5. Business Travel -- this has always been a challenge since I travel regularly on business and do not always have exercise facilities or healthy food choices.
I really thought I knew how to eat healthy and exercise regularly, but is amazing how a few "wrenches" in the routine ingrains new habits.
Well, yesterday morning I could not zip up a pair of jeans that had come back from the cleaners. Of course, I had noticed that all my skirts and slacks were getting tight, but this time, I could not even get into them.
OK, there is the motivator. Before I looked at losing weight as a game. I got points for eating healthy, doing my morning exercise, taking a walk after lunch, keeping my calorie count, etc. The points translated into weight lost.
So its back in game. Going for a second win!