Two Blogs in One Day...
Thursday, September 26, 2013
I apparently have more that I need to get out in the open, so I am blogging again. Actually, I am really just cranky and want to start the day over, but I'll blog and be done with it and move on, I think.
1) I'm pissed off at the military health care system right now, and specifically my treatment. Read previous blog for more information.
2) For my biggest loser challenge that I am doing here on Spark, I had to weigh-in today. I weighed in on Sunday and showed a 1.5 lbs gain over the past 2 weeks, but then today I was showing an addition 3lb gain. I did not gain 3lbs in 4 days. I know that I have not consumed 10,000+ extra calories in the past few days. Realistically, I can acknowledge this is water weight because a) my sodium has been atrocious this week eating out with friends who are in town and b) I started strength training again after a few month hiatus and I am experiencing DOMS. It is still frustrating anyway because I feel like the 5lb loss I had maintaining since July is now gone and I have to start all over again :(
3) It's freezing cold in my office. I think the AC might still be on. I contemplated wearing a long sleeve undershirt for my uniform, but decided on the short sleeve since its nice outside, and I am regretting this decision. I think I need gloves for my fingers to stay warm!
4) With continuing sequestration concerns, I may not receive a paycheck in Mid-October. I have enough money saved to cover that, but I'd obviously prefer to get paid for the work that I do, and not have to dip into my savings account.
1) I've been able to see friends this week, and considering I am pretty lonely most of the time, it has been nice to be around people other than J and his friends.
2) My knee isnt hurting anymore. I am going to try for a run today and see how that goes.
3) I have jazz dance class tonight.
4) It's almost the weekend.
5) I bought new yarn yesterday so I can start crocheting some more scarfs while I catch up on Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries before the season premiere next week.
6) Fall weather!
7) I like the feeling of DOMS.
8) Even though I went out to dinner with a friend last night, I passed on the frozen yogurt because I was full, even though I went with her to the frozen yogurt place. Huge victory for me!
That's all I can think of for now. I just needed to put things into perspective before I explode with crankiness!
I want to start swimming again. Just wanted to throw that out there. I dont know when to find the time. Right now my schedule looks like this:
Monday - ST and light cardio after work
Tuesday - run after work; dance class after dinner
Wednesday - ST and light cardio after work
Thursday - run after worl; dance class after dinner
Friday - ST and light cardio after work
Saturday - long run in the morning
Sunday - rest
The only place to add in swimming is before work. I hate waking up early. Is it worth it to add in swimming right now? Not sure. Not really looking for an answer either. Just getting it out of my head for now.
Hoping I can still run my 15k on October 6th. Guess we'll see how the knee holds up today and Saturday with running.
Ok, that's all for now.