Thursday, September 26, 2013
Since I've been feeling frustrated over being within 2 lbs of goal for about 2 weeks and not being able to bust through this plateau I decided to take a moment to focus on some really big new habits/changes I have made to my lifestyle over the past couple of months.
1. I no longer drink soda or gatorade. Unless it's an electrolyte passed to me in a small paper cup at mile 8 - I just drink water. And I've only had beer one night in the past 3 weeks (UFC fight night - and it was only 2 beers that I fit into my daily calories). I feel very much in control on the AF front.
2. I no longer eat fast food. I literally can't remember the last night I went through a drive-through for McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arby's, Wendy's - I just don't go anymore.
3. I only drink 1 cup of coffee a day (sometimes 2 on weekends). I used to drink around 3-4 cups a day - all with creamer.
4. Except for Luna Bars and Puffins cereal - I don't really eat packaged foods. No more frozen meals for lunch at work for me! I either bring a salad, sandwich or go to Trader Joe's and get a salad.
5. My morning runs are up to 6.2 miles. They are not every day - but at LEAST every other day. It's been a long time since I took 2 days off - and I don't plan to any time soon. I just surpassed my goal of 100 miles for September this morning!
6. My rock climbing is improving more than ever - I climbed a 5.10 on Tuesday!!!
7. My commute is about 35-40 minutes each way to work. I have a 20oz bottle of water and I always drink a full one during each commute - if I arrive at work or at home and realize I haven't finished it - I chug it before I get out of my car.
8. I make myself breakfast every morning - 1 egg, 2 slices of bacon and fruit (this morning it was 1/2 a white peach!)
9. I log my calories every day. Every calorie. Every day.
10. I eat a greek yogurt every day - they are yummy, they are healthy. As a snack, as a dessert, they help keep you regular and from what I read on the internet (so it must be true) make your tummy flat.
And this is my proposal for a new habit - weighing myself once a week instead of every day. I'm close enough to goal and I need to not be stressing about 2 lbs so much when I have so many other things to be happy about. This blog is my official statement that I will not weigh myself again until NEXT Thursday 10/3. I can do this.