Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Today I was observed in my classroom by my new principal. You would think after over 20 years of experience, this would not bother me. BUT...
1. This is my evaluater's 1st year as a principal.
2. I am old enough to be his mother, and remember when he was a gangling little kid in school.
3. He has never taught in a classroom, ever.
4. He has never had to write lesson plans, give real grades, nor be accountable to state standards.
5. This is the 1st time he has done an observation.
6. He has never written an job evaluation before.
7. This observation will be my performance evaluation for my job, and could be used to make my life miserable for my remaining years before retirement.
8. This is the man that my husband formally complained to the school board about several years ago for leaving welts and bruises on our son, and breaking his glasses by hitting him with a dodge ball. Our son was 8 at the time.
9. It occurred to me that I have never been evaluated by a man before, my principal's have always been women.
Did I mention I'm feeling a bit stressed???