17 Days until 1 year anniversary of losing 100# - Goals for next 17 Days
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
I'm 17 days away from celebrating keeping 100 pounds off for a year. I've lost 12-17 more since then and I really want to get to my overall goal of losing 120 so I can set a goal for my maintenance weight (probably around 160).
My 17 day goal focus is on a portion of my existing goals that need attention or will help me solidify streaks and reach my overarching goals.
17 days of eating what was planned (only exceptions for adjustments need for activity changes and increased calorie requirements will be satisfied with healthy choices and will not be an excuse for treats)
- Plan and stick to healthy meals/snacks (calories and nutrient goals)
- Plan more variety in meals (stop eating so much of the same things). I've been doing better but I easily get stuck into the same foods because it's easier and faster.
- No mindless snacking. I need to be mindful about everything I eat. Is it healthy? Is it planned? Does it help me reach my goals? Why am I eating/am I really hungry? Is it the right time? Is it worth it?
- Get back to eating at the lower end of my calorie range 3 days per week.
17 days of 10000 steps per day (or at least 75,000 per week)
Go to bed by 8:30 6 days per week (in order to get more quality sleep). I've been waking up and not sleeping well. Going to bed earlier should help me at least get a little more sleep.
17 days of daily meditation
17 day of exercise (in itself not an issue) but I need to plan better and add some variety
- Trail running group 1x week
- Gym 3x week
- HIIT 2x week
- Add ST to routine (and pre-plan ST exercises in advance)
- Toe and ankle strengthening
- Kayak at least twice (as weather allows)
- Continue focused stretching routines following exercise
- Possible hike with coworkers (start making plans)
- 10-30 mins of exercise 1st thing in the morning 3x week
- 20-30 mins of exercise by 10 AM at least 4x week
Weigh and measure on 10/12
Make Dr. appt. for week of 10/14 (Healthy BMI is not likely at this point, but will be close and should have healthy lab results.)
Plan hiking or race or other activity goal by 10/12. I see some steep hikes in my near future.
WOW - I'm really just 17 days away from keep off 100 pounds off for a year!