Saturday, September 21, 2013
Sometimes you just have to remember. This morning as I weighed and then questioned the scales again and again but no the wouldnt budge. I am 250 pounds. A new place in the process as I call it. The ever evolving process but never changing process. It has taken me 24 months to loose 116 pounds. You have to understand I am not complaining I am just saying that it has been a long slow process in the scale but I have been greatly rewarded every step of the way. Maybe because I have taken great pleasure in those things when the scale didnt move as fast as most want it to.
1. My ears are smaller. odd i know but true.
2. my eyes are no longer sunk back behind my fat cheeks.
3. my nose doesnt get in the way any longer.
4. I have cheeks.
5. my jaw bones have shrank so much that I have issues with my denture plate.
6. my lips have shape to them .
7. one chin
8. I can wear necklaces without extensions
9. Shoulders bones
10. collar bones.
11. bicep muscles
12. I can wear normal watches without stretch bands.
13. Ring size has dropped three sizes.
14. hands dont go numb any longer.
15. Bra from a 44 d cup to a 38 c cup
16. I can feel my ribs
17. went from 32 W to 20 W
18. Hips went from 73 inches to 54 inches
19 curve on the butt.
20. panties from size 16 to size 10
21. my legs dont rub together when i walk.
22. defined thigh muscles that actually work lol.
23. my knee caps can be seen.
24. calf muscles
25. That thin bone is visible on the back side of my ankles.
26. no more " natural swelling" of my ankle.
27. I have separate toes.
28. the little bones and veins are in the top of my feet.
29. went from a size 12 shoe to a size 10
30. I can walk in heels
31. I can walk virtually with no pain at all.
32.I survived 16 weeks and 4 months of post surgery recovery without gaining any weight.
33. My bmi is down from 56 to 37.
34. I have lost more than a hundred inches across my whole body.
35. I can buy clothes any where I want to.
36. I have completed 3 5k walks.
37. over came my fear of the gym
38. learned that I can laugh again
39. cross my legs the right way
40 sit indian style
41. pull my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them.
42. give myself a hug.
43. Learned that I dont have to like everyone.
44. learned that I cant control everything.
45. over came emotional eating
46. can paint my own toes
47. can comfortably shave my own legs. I always have but well that is another story.
48. wear a seat belt.
49 lol actually move my car seat up to drive and still have room between me and the steering wheel.
50. I can actually view my appendectomy scar.
During the process there are many things that change. There are many days when I just relish in the little things I know are different. They are biggies but they are mine and I know that noone can take them from me I have to willing them return to them to land of the obese and well that is not an option. Anything is possible if you remember to breath and one step at a time. it is a small list of great magnitude. I am sure it is not the end of it but I am equally sure that I at this moment I can make it the rest of the way to get to goal weight . I had lost 34 pounds before I started on spark people and thankfully with the help of a lot of wonderful people and a great website I have continued on past even my own belief.