Friday, September 20, 2013
This blog entry is a little overdue. Much has changed in my life over the past year. After working at the same company for almost 18 years, I made the decision to resign from my position. This was not a decision that I entered into lightly. I actually took a week off work to assess my feelings / life / goals / needs, etc. I'm home with my small children; and am happy to be able to be here. I have put my career on pause for a few years. Also, as many of you have read, we've welcomed a new member to our family. He's incredibly precious -- and we're all adjusting to each other and the new rhythm.
During the past few months, I've spent some time looking at how I was living over the past year (actually, couple of years). I let stress consume me -- and I wasn't taking very good care of me. This really affected me: body, mind and soul.
Now, I'm looking to make some significant changes in my upcoming year:
* to live a healthy lifestyle
* to meditate / center - each day
* to learn to be in the moment
* to finally learn to relax
* to use the present time to make my dreams come true
* to appreciate the good things in life / daily
* to be open to the potential of a future "calling"
* to quiet my inner critic / perfectionist / worrier
* to carve out time to write the story that is begging for my attention
* to change my relationship with social media
Most importantly, my biggest goal for the year is to be the best mom that I can be for my children -- and not completely lose myself in the process.
So, sparkfriends: what are your goals?