Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    LIAMAY3   20,706
SparkPoints
20,000-24,999 SparkPoints
 
 
Cleaning it up

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

For the past 2 months I've really been struggling with losing weight. Don't get me wrong the first 70lbs were hard work too but for some reason no matter what I try the scale is moving down at a snails pace now. My workouts seem more difficult to get through despite being a fairly similar exertion level as before and trying to cook healthy has become an absolute chore. I still have about 70lbs to go before goal weight so why is my body rejecting my efforts and plateau-ing now?? It has really been getting under my skin and derailing my efforts.

Well I think my problem is that I lost focus, would let myself enjoy an extra ounce of pasta, and a few extra pretzels and another bite of that sweet treat, etc. It all adds up and yes I stay in my calorie range but really the calories I'm eating have decreased in nutritonal value and increased in processed junk! So perhaps the lesson is not to eat less but to eat smart. So I'm going to make a pledge to myself to start eating a cleaner diet, minimize the sugar and increase the vegetables (my arch nemesis). I read somewhere that diet was 80% of the battle in losing weight and exercise was the other 20%. So if I don't clean up the diet I'm only doing myself a disservice, slowing my own pace and poisoning my own body.

There is still that 20% however... what to do about exercise, which used to be a stress reliever and easy to get through but is now a cruel form of punishment. I'm hypothesizing that maybe the increase of processed food is making me more lethargic so I'm hoping that I will see my energy return in the next few weeks. But regardless I'm still going to push through those 40 minutes of cardio 4x a week. I have come too far to give up now, and I feel a million times better than I did 70 lbs ago so I can only imagine how amazing it will be in another 70.
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

SASSYLJB 9/19/2013 6:56AM

    I truly believe that I am in the boat with you Lianne! Even though I am running close to 25 miles a week, I think I use that as a reason to be able to indulge more so than I did in the beginning! This last 20 pounds as been a true challenge not that the first 100 were not, but these have been a struggle! Thanks for the reminder, We can do this we are diamonds!

Report Inappropriate Comment
4NEWDAY 9/18/2013 10:56PM

    You are doing great! 70 lbs is a major accomplishment. Now that your head is back in the game you will e back on track! Good for you!

Report Inappropriate Comment
TKOVACH1 9/18/2013 7:16AM

    emoticon You have written the story of my last few weeks beautifully. How did you do that! I could have just posted your blog as mine for the week. emoticon Recognizing the problem and focusing on changing a few little things will get your restarted.
emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
ANNMACP0212 9/17/2013 11:15PM

    While I was reading this, I thought you had spent some time in my own head! Loved this...so true for so many of us...You will reach your goal--you've done so well so far and the last bit might be challenging, but if you keep at it you will make it!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
ORCHIDLADY56 9/17/2013 9:58PM

    Oh my gosh, Lianne! I am soooo guilty of the same thing - one pat of butter won't hurt? That package of M&Ms won't hurt - and on and on and on. By the end of the day I would add about six or seven "this little bit won't hurt!". At least you have recognized and recommitted yourself.
You have come so far - I KNOW you can make it the rest of the way!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by LIAMAY3